Methodology – Practice as Research or Practice Research
Current Practice as Research Projects – leading to theatre productions and/or publications.
Black Feminist (Re)Memorials – Staging Black Female Protagonists’ memories – from the past to the present – oppression and liberatory acts -
The restaging of the past as present moments/happenings.
New Black Plays Series
Women’s Digital Mask Project
Radical Inclusion - Installation
Critical Scholarly Investigations with the Pan-African Theatre Ensemble:
· Audience Reception Theory and Audience Engagement – How to decode stereotypes and iterative representations in gendered and racialized vocabularies – Qualitative Data
· Social Justice – Interest in representations of race, gender, sexuality, sexual violence, and how these issues affect women of color, multiple oppression, and in creating liberation on stage
· Cultural Activism – Curating (Pan)Black theatre – Pan-African and African Diasporic works reflecting theatres from the continent of Africa and the African Diaspora.
· Theatre Pedagogy - Developing theatre pedagogy for deeper reflective character analyses and embodiment.
· Community – Developing leadership training and role-playing for women-of-color from the community and providing access to theatre, digital media and interaction with STEAM in theatre arts and technology.
· Exposé – Unearthing human experience, suffering and resolve, and exploring how theatre and performance reflect, empower, and heal communities.
· Images – How do images – embodied, moving, and still - impact various performers and audiences?